HCU Director of Operations Position – Apply Today
Director of Operations
Halifax County United Soccer Club - Halifax, Nova Scotia
Permanent Full Time
12 pm (Atlantic Standard Time) January 16, 2017
February 1, 2017
The Club was formed in 1998 when three clubs – Brookside Tigers, Timberlea Titans, and St. Margaret’s Bay Saints – merged to become Halifax County United (HCU). Today, HCU is the largest amateur soccer club in Atlantic Canada, with over 1,500 members. The Club provides soccer opportunities for youth ages 4 to 21 across all levels of competition as well as adult teams and leagues, including Senior Men and Women Premiership. HCU members are encouraged to develop and improve their skills in an environment that promotes teamwork, sportsmanship, and an appreciation for the game.
HCU is currently seeking a Director of Operations. Reporting to the Vice President of Staff and Operations, the Director of Operations is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Club, including logistics, planning, finances, and staff supervision. Key areas of responsibility in this role include, but are not limited to:
Provide direction and supervision for the Club’s full-time technical staff (Directors of Academy, Grassroots, and Coaching)
Co-ordinate administrative functions for all Club operations (e.g. player registration, equipment purchases, supplier relationships, facility rentals, and contracts).
Prepare, present, and manage the Club's operational budget.
Lead communication initiatives within the Club including member communications (website and social media, newsletter, and promotion of special projects, and events) and as Chair of Club’s Communications Committee.
The successful candidate should have these core competencies:
- Advanced organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivation and result-oriented mindset
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Relationship-building skills
- Teamwork philosophy
- An aptitude for multi-tasking and managing tight timelines
- A university / college degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of experience of progressive management or a related field (e.g. people management, sports management, office management, not for profit organizations).
- Excellent technology skills including Microsoft Office, content management systems, online registration and sports management systems (e.g. Goalline)
- Experience with the Goalline platform would be an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Understanding of sports environments and the various stakeholder groups would be an asset.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
before 12 pm (AST) on January 16, 2017
. Interviews will be held between January 18-25, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.