Stage 1 – Active Start (U4-U6)Active Start (U4-U6) - 4 hours Stage 1 of Long Term Player Development, Wellness to World Cup, is called Active Start and it is designed for U4 to U6 Female and Male players. It has also been called "First Kicks". Soccer contributes to the well-being of children by engaging them in the sport while teaching them basic movements. At this introductory level, the objective is to get them moving and to keep active. Coaches working with young players in this stage should enroll in an Active Start coaching course. The Active Start module can be held on a weekend or week night/s all year-round. The course will provide information on the following:
- Information on Canadian Soccer Association’s Long Term Player Development model
- Develop a basic understanding of Physical Literacy
- Information to help coaches understand the development stage of the children they are working with.
- How to plan coaching sessions considering the development stage of the children coaches are working with.
- Consider the safety factors involved in running a coaching session
- How to manage coaching sessions using appropriate content and methodology.
- Provide coaches with an online resource that they can use to plan their sessions.
- Provide coaches with advice they can use to work with players and parents in this stage.
- Coaches will receive a coaches workbook and a Certificate of Achievement